We collect and analyse financial and societal information on the world markets. The various services we provide will help you weigh up the prospects of your line of business or product in various countries.
Market Opportunities service
The global Team Finland network actively seeks sales opportunities and gathers market information for the business development needs of Finnish SMEs. Market know how is turned into:
Sales leads: information about foreign companies’ need to find a supplier for a particular product or service. We help Finnish companies to initiate discussion with a view to establishing cooperation.
The business opportunities: information about wider opportunities for business opened by market changes in different markets.
The future watch: information on possible changes in the business environment reshaping the future demand over a 2–5 year time span.
Country outlooks explore the market and the political situation of individual countries.
- We provide insigh on new market opportunities and help companies take action by offering advice and building activities that connect Finnish companies to market opportunities.
- We help companies also to evaluate their know-how and development needs with a view to the future.
How to make use of this service
This service is free of charge.
Market Opportunities service is available here.
International IPR applications (patents, trademarks and designs)
International patents, trademarks and designs can be applied for through the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH):
- An international patent application (what is known as a PCT application) can be filed and examined at the PRH. Based on the PRH's examination, the company may apply for a patent in the desired national or regional patent offices. The PCT system includes 148 countries, among which the countries or regions important for the protection of the technical solution (invention) can be selected.
- When the aim is to seek rapid patent protection abroad, the applicant may request accelerated processing for an application examined by the PRH. This is possible in all those countries that belong to the PPH (Patent Prosecution Highway) system.
- When a company wishes to ensure its right to the symbol of its product (goods or services), it should file an application for its registration as a trademark in the desired countries/regions. The PRH offers information on the different options and provides instructions on how to apply for registration abroad.
- When a company wishes to ensure its right to the design of its product (appearance) abroad, it should file an application for design right registration in the desired countries/regions. The PRH offers information on the different options and provides instructions on how to apply for registration abroad.
International patent application: A company can initiate the application process easily in Finland and gain a patent in the desired countries with a single application. The financial risk is lower, as the company will be given an assessment on the patentability of the invention before it needs to decide in which countries to ultimately apply for a patent. The costs of moving to the national patenting stage will also be pushed back.
Accelerated patent application: The company will gain patent protection for its international operations rapidly and in a substantially similar way in all PPH countries. The patent application process can be easily begun in Finland.
Trademark: A company can ensure that it has the right to use the symbol of its product in the desired countries/regions. This prevents situations that could later lead to the discontinuation of the product's sales and marketing, or claims for reparations. When the application is filed in good time, you can ensure that nobody else manages to register a similar mark for similar products.
Design: The company can ensure its right to the design (appearance) of its product in the desired countries/regions. This prevents situations that could later lead to the discontinuation of the product's sales and marketing, or claims for reparations. When the application is filed in good time, you can ensure that nobody else manages to register a similar design.
How to get service
Please contact Team Finland at the service number +358 295 020 510.
You can also contact the Finnish Patent and Registration Office directly:
neuvonta.patentti(at)prh.fi or +358 29 509 5858 (patents)
neuvonta.tavaramerkki(at)prh.fi or +358 29 509 5855 (trademarks)
neuvonta.malli(at)prh.fi or +358 29 509 5855 (designs)
Applications involve an application fee and other such fees.
A PPH request is a free service (requires a PRH examined application).